You just purchased a ticket for your favorite music festival. Maybe it’s Coachella or Stagecoach or an indie festival not many know about. Either way, you’re going to be there! So, now it’s time to get your music festival essentials ready. Whether you’re not sure what should be on your music festival packing list or you’re looking for the best fanny pack for festivals, you’re in the right place. Keep reading to learn what to wear and what to bring to a music festival.
Music Festival Packing List: What to Bring to a Music Festival
Festival-goers near and far spend weeks preparing for a weekend (or two) to forget their worries, dance to great tunes, and relax in nature for a few days. To ensure your festival experience is a great one, here’s what to include on your music festival packing list.
Music Festival Essentials
Start your festival packing list with a succinct list of essentials:
- Water and a reusable water bottle
- Non-perishable snacks (or a cooler if you can bring one)
- A hat or visor
- Comfortable shoes
- Cash and credit cards
- Driver’s license or ID card
- Battery-powered fan
- Portable phone charger
- Sleeping and camping gear if you’re staying overnight
- Sleeping bag and pillow
- Air mattress or sleeping pad
- Folding chairs
- Personal hygiene items
- First aid kit
- Dry shampoo
- Rain gear or an extra jacket (depending on the weather)
- Hand warmers
- Lantern, flashlight, or headlamp
If you’re going with friends, check with them to see what’s on their music festival packing list. You don’t want to feel overwhelmed with a bunch of stuff, but it’s good to be prepared. You never know what Mother Nature will throw your way, and staying hydrated and well-fed will keep your energy up throughout the weekend.
What to Wear to a Music Festival
Once you have your music festival essentials ready, it’s time to think about what to wear to a music festival. While your exact outfits depend on your style, here are a few tips for picking out your festival apparel:
- Consider the theme of the festival: For example, Stagecoach has a western flair–think: leather cowboy boots and fringe vests. Coachella is more bohemian-chic–think: free-flowing dresses and floral kimonos.
- Consider the weather: While you want to look and feel your best, don’t forget to consider the temperature. Most festivals take place outdoors, where it’s hot as can be during the day and chilly (sometimes even rainy) at night. Layering pieces such as t-shirts, sweaters, and vests can help protect against UV rays while keeping you warm when the temperature drops.
- Consider your comfort: Make sure to choose comfortable clothes–opt for lightweight items in breathable fabrics like cotton, linen, or merino wool. And wear shoes with good support so that you can stay on your feet throughout the day and night–chunky sandals or sneakers work great.
- Consider your music festival essentials: You want to be hands-free during a festival so you can dance and move with ease. But you also need your essentials on you at all times. A fanny pack for a music festival is an excellent choice (more on that in a minute).
When deciding what to wear to a music festival, the key is to choose outfits that give you maximum comfort and versatility during the festival.
Festival Approved Bags
Not just any ol’ bag will do for a music festival. Festival approved bags have a size limit of 12” x 6” x 12” for most venues. You’ll also want a bag that’s big enough to carry your essentials and versatile so you can style it to match any outfit.
What Kind of Bag Should You Bring to a Festival?
I recommend choosing a fanny pack for a music festival. But not just any fanny pack–a versatile leather pouch to carry your most important items (phone, wallet, sunnies, etc.) in one secure spot.
The best fanny pack for festivals is the Bee or the Biggie Bee because they’re lightweight, versatile, and cute to boot. Most importantly, they’re festival approved bags you can carry hands-free the entire weekend.
The Bee is the convertible leather pouch you’ve been looking for, designed to be worn as a cross-body, shoulder bag, and fanny pack all in one. The Biggie Bee is everything you know and love about the OG Bee, with slightly more space to hold your essentials and a unique pocket system to stay organized. Shop the Bees today to find the perfect fanny pack for a music festival.
What Do You Put in a Fanny Pack for a Festival?
You’ll want to carry your music festival essentials in your fanny pack, including your wallet, sunnies, chapstick, phone, earplugs, and small valuables. Learn when, where, and how to wear a fanny pack and tips for packing the Bee for festivals!
Do I Need a Bee or Biggie Bee Fanny Pack for a Festival?
The Bee and the Biggie Bee are both festival approved bags. Here’s what can fit in each one to help you decide what size to get.
What can you fit in the OG Bee?
- Daily Wallet
- Keys with keychain
- Hand lotion/sanitizer
What can you fit in the Biggie Bee?
- Sunglasses + readers
- Daily Wallet or Travel Wallet
- Keys with keychain
- Packable water bottle
- Hand lotion/sanitizer
Shop the Best Fanny Pack for Festivals
You want a high-quality, festival approved bag that’s cuter than a casual sporty fanny pack. You want something unique and handcrafted (vs. the “Lululemon” kind of bag that everyone will be wearing at the festival). And you want to stay hands-free, so you can let loose without worrying about losing your essentials.
You think this type of bag feels like a pipe dream, but not when it comes to the Bee–this durable, versatile, stylish leather pouch will make all your festival bag dreams come true. Shop our collection today and fall in love with a leather pouch that’ll become your go-to fanny pack for festivals–and everything else life has to offer.